Here are 5 healthy breakfast ideas you can make at home. For more ideas, download the Nutri Coach app!
The Bowl Cake, a Quick and Healthy Breakfast
A Bowl cake is a delicious breakfast option. It’s particularly popular with busy people because it bakes up in the microwave in just two minutes.
There are dozens of different bowl cake recipes.
Personally, I’m a fan of one of the simplest recipes that’s made with a banana, an egg and oatmeal. Adjust the quantities based on your needs. To calculate your nutritional requirements use the Nutri Coach app!
Bowl Cake Recipe
Ingredients: 1 egg, about 40 grams (1/3 cup) of oatmeal, one banana, topping of your choice.
Cooking method: microwave in a bowl for 2.5 minutes on high power.
- Cut the banana in two, and then mash one half in the bowl using a fork. Set the other half aside for later.
- Add the egg and mix.
- Add the oatmeal and mix again.
- At this point, you can add cinnamon if you like. (Cinnamon is known for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, antiparasitic, and antiseptic properties).
- Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes on high power.
- Turn out onto a plate, then slice the remaining half of the banana into rounds for the topping. Optional, but delicious: add a square of chocolate, a drizzle of maple syrup or honey, peanut butter, or whatever you like, for a tasty finishing touch.
The Skyr (White Cheese) Bowl
This is the perfect breakfast for super-busy people! All you need is a bowl, white cheese, and some fruit (in season).
For the white cheese, I like to recommend Skyr because it’s high in protein and low in carbs.
Fill your bowl with white cheese, add one or two fruits cut into pieces, a small handful of nuts (peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts), a little honey, and you’re done!
Healthy Breakfast for Egg Lovers
All you need is two or three slices of sourdough bread and two eggs to create something amazing! Why sourdough bread? Because it offers nutritional and digestive benefits.
From a nutritional standpoint, bread is a good source of carbohydrates. Eggs provide the right balance of protein and fat (thanks to the yolk). To optimize your breakfast, add some fruit and a hot drink.
Healthy breakfast idea : Egg-Toast Combo
Fried, baked, scrambled, soft-boiled… There are so many ways to prepare eggs. They should be enjoyed with sourdough bread rather than white bread.
Healthy sweet Omelet
Whether sweet or savory, omelets offer almost endless possibilities!
- For a sweet omelet, simply beat two eggs with a little mashed banana and cook like a classic omelet.
- For the savory version, add some leftover cooked potato (in pieces or mashed) or a slice of sourdough bread, for more carbs.
Recipe for Healthy French Toast
This dish requires a little more time to prepare, but it’s a special treat and well worth it! Save it for a Sunday morning!
Cooking method: in a frying pan (for about 5 minutes) on medium heat.
Ingredients: 2 eggs, a drop of milk, cinnamon, ½ banana, some stale bread.
- In a shallow dish, mash half a banana.
- Add the eggs, milk, and cinnamon and mix well.
- Cut several slices of stale sourdough bread and soak in the mixture until the bread softens (about 5 minutes).
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, add the soaked bread slices and fry until golden brown. You can pour the remaining mixture on the bread slices before you fry them.
- When the egg is cooked (about 5 minutes) place the French toast on a plate.
- You can add a little maple syrup or honey if you wish.
Enjoy your breakfast!
If you like to change things up, you can find more recipes on the Nutri Coach app. You’ll love them!