Many men and women have a flat butt complex. To change your flat butt into a more shapely butt without surgery, you’ll need to apply what we’re sharing with you here.
Flat butts, soft butts, dead butts
An unattractive butt is the result of several factors. To start with, here are a few types of flat butts:
- A flat butt is one that appears “deflated”. It can be genetic, but rest assured, it can also be reversed.
- A saggy butt is one that looks like it’s drooping. The older you get, the more your skin sags.
- A dead butt is one where you can no longer feel your glutes.
Also read: I’m losing muscle! What can I do?
Sitting while working is not good for your butt
A sedentary lifestyle is not recommended if you’re looking to increase the size of your butt.
Sitting for too long can affect the shape of the buttocks. When you sit, your gluteal muscles are forced to support more than half your body. They’re compressed into the chair, which has a negative impact on the blood supply. A lack of circulation makes the muscle numb, which leads to difficulties with instantaneous muscle contraction.
If you feel a tingling sensation when you change positions, it means that a nerve has been compressed. If you often work while sitting, think about getting up every thirty minutes or so. Use it as an opportunity to get yourself a glass of water, for example. We can’t stress enough how important hydration is.
3 exercises to increase the size of your butt
To develop your gluteal muscles, do these 3 exercises.
Butt Exercise #1: Deadlifts
With a rubber band or a heavy load (bar, weights, dumbbells, etc.), lift the weight using the strength of your buttocks. When performing the exercise, develop your muscle-to-brain connection. Focus as much as possible on your glutes.
A few tips on posture:
- Keep your feet hip-width apart ;
- Arms outstretched (the arms don’t lift the load; they’re simply there to carry the load)
- Keep your back straight (do not round the back)
- Keep the chest open during the movement
- On your way down, stick your butt out
- You can bend your legs slightly (adapt according to your flexibility)
Butt Exercise #2: Backward Lunges
For backward lunges, hold a dumbbell in each of your hands (with a maximum possible weight). Begin in a standing position. Contract your abdominal muscles and take a big step backwards. During the ascent back up to the starting position, focus on your buttocks to activate your muscle and contract it, it’s the one you use for rising back up. You can do multiple reps on the same side, or you can alternate sides.
A few tips on posture:
- Your chest should remain vertical. Imagine a string going from the top of your skull to the ceiling.
- The chest should be open. You can roll your shoulders back before starting the exercise to help you.
- Your step back must allow for at least a 90° bend.
- Keep your front knee stable.
- The front foot should be well anchored to the ground.
- The back knee should not touch the ground.
Butt Exercise #3: Hip Thrusts
Hip thrusts became popular with Bret Contreras, an internationally renowned fitness trainer and gluteus maximus specialist. It’s just as simple as that! No doubt about it, your butt will get bigger. Nevertheless, you’ll to need perform this strength exercise properly.
As with every exercise, you need to really think about your glutes to get them to contract and recruit your muscle. With this exercise, you don’t need to go for a big movement (by raising your pelvis as high as possible). The goal is to raise the pelvis using the contraction of the buttocks.
A few tips on posture:
- Your lower shoulder blades are in contact with the bench or box.
- When you’re at the top of the movement, your knees should form a 90° angle. Do the movement without weights to know where to place your feet. Regarding where to place your feet, find the position that’s most comfortable for you.
- Tilt your pelvis back during execution of the movement. Contract the buttocks as well as the abdominals to lift the weights.
Also read: Three rules for building muscle
Putting things into perspective
Yes, it is possible to get a bigger butt with these exercises, but you’ll need to be patient. It takes a long time to build muscle.
On the other hand, you’ll need to be aware that what you see on social media or on TV is not always reality. Surgery, special tricks and retouching exist and are techniques that today are widely used.
Finally, put things into perspective and take a step back. Set small challenges for yourself to grow your butt without making it an obsession. Don’t forget that there are as many different kinds of butts as there are people!
Download the Fitness coach app to find “Butt Workouts”. Here, you’ll find effective exercises and that are specially combined for optimizing your results.